The $500-added Amateur Series is specifically designed for players rated 5 through 8 on the AllOutPool tour. The main highlight of this series is the alternate-break format in which the incoming breaker gets to choose what game to play when he/she is at bat: 8-ball or 10-ball. Hence, every match becomes a test of the player’s well-rounded skill set.
The very best players (rated 9 and above) are strongly encouraged to partake in the Gold Silver Bronze Open Series designed to reward the many years of hard work they have put into honing their skills.
- Participation in the Amateur Series is rewarded with a points-based program.
top-threepoints leaders, the top female player, and the top junior player are all rewarded with free entry fees into the amateur division of the $4,000-added Jimmy Reid Annual Championship season finale.
- See the AllOutPool Rewards Program page for further details.
- Always a one-day event to minimize travel expenses.
- 32-player field, expandable to 48 whenever possible (i.e., depending on the number of tables, table difficulty factor, hours of operation).
- $40 entry fee.
- A minimum added-money fund of $500. (Prorated based on a minimum field of 32 players).
- Optional $20 side pot (95% payout to roughly 5-10% of the field).
- Double-elimination matchups consisting of both 8-ball and 10-ball.
- Ratings-based handicapped matchups. (See Handicap Race Reference).
- Alternate-break format in which the incoming breaker gets to choose 8-ball or 10-ball every time he/she is at bat.
- One final ‘extended’ race (time permitting).
- The two finalists may split first and second prizes if they so choose.
- The top 20% of the field is awarded.
- Incurred expenses are usually limited to 5%, and they include the cost of printing (flyers and score sheets), event marketing, PayPal fees, and tournament management assistance. If applicable, players will be notified of any additional (incidental) expenses. WE DO NOT PROFIT OR HOLD ANYTHING BACK!!!
- It’s is the tour’s policy not to schedule events at venues that require a per-player green fee unless they also supplement the added-money fund by an amount exceeding the green fees.
The percentage payout estimates (after expenses) are based on full fields of 32 and 48 players:
- 1ST PLACE: 32.4%
- 2ND PLACE: 21.6%
- 3RD PLACE: 16.2%
- 4TH PLACE: 10.8%
- 5TH / 6TH PLACE (TIE): 5.4%
- 7TH / 8TH PLACE (TIE): 4%
- 1ST PLACE: 27.6%
- 2ND PLACE: 19.7%
- 3RD PLACE: 15.7%
- 4TH PLACE: 11.8%
- 5TH / 6TH PLACE (TIE): 5.5%
- 7TH / 8TH PLACE (TIE): 3.2%
- 9TH / 10TH / 11TH / 12TH PLACE (TIE): 2%
Please visit the AllOutPool Events Schedule page to find out about the upcoming Amateur Series events.